Vəzifə: Executive associate (Rezident əlaqələndiricinin ofisi, müraciət üçün son gün – 1 noyabr 2019)
Executive Associate to Resident Coordinator
I. Position Information
Job code title:Executive Associate to UN Resident Coordinator (RC)
Pre-classified Grade: GS-6
Supervisor :UN Resident Coordinator
II. Organizational Context
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the UN RC, the Executive Associate ensures effective and efficient functioning of the UN RC office, full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment, maintenance of protocol procedures, management of information flow and follow-up on deadlines and commitments made.
The Executive Associate can supervise the secretarial and clerical staff of the office. The Executive Associate to RC works in close collaboration with Resident Coordinator’s Office (RCO) staff, UN Country Team (UNCT) and national authorities to ensure efficient flow of information, actions on instructions, agendas and other tasks.
III. Functions / Key Results Expected
- Ensures effective and efficient functioning of the RC office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of the supervisor’s calendar, contacts with high-ranking visitors, arrangement of appointments and meetings, acting as an interpreter when required and/or taking minutes.
- Maintenance of protocol procedures with Government, diplomatic community and other senior visitors.
- Preparation of high quality briefing materials for supervisor for appointments, meetings, and missions.
- Preparation of informal translations.
- Management of RC missions and representation schedule.
- Maintenance of contact information of high-level partners.
- Preparation of correspondence, directives, comments on behalf of RC for his/her signature and making follow-up when required.
- Support to management of RCO budget and plan in consultation with RC and other staff.
- Use of automated office management systems including MS office suites for effective functioning of the RC office.
2. Ensures provision of effective communications support to the office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials. Use of automated filing system.
- Facilitation of information sharing between UNCT and RCO.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to RC.
- Screening of all incoming calls and correspondence.
- Presentation of innovative solutions to eliminate communication bottlenecks in the office and streamline office procedures between the supervisor’s office and subordinate division.
3. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Contributions to knowledge networks and office learning environment focusing on innovation and creative solutions.
- Researching and analyzing data to prepare documents and presentations for meetings as required
- Organization of trainings and learning events in the office.
- Organization of trainings to UN staff on coordination, administration and protocol
- Investing in own learning and development
IV. Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the efficiency of the RC office. Accurate analysis and presentation of information strengthens the capacity of the RC office and promotes the image of UN as an effective contributor to the development of the country. Incumbent’s own initiative is decisive in results of work and timely finalization.
Ability to make new and useful ideas work
Level 2: Analyzes complex technical materials (including data) and makes concise, relevant recommendations
Ability to persuade others to follow
Level 1: Takes responsibility for and ensures high quality of own work
Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
Level 1: Understands personal and team roles, responsibilities and objectives
Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
Level 2: Understands, explains and shares information on assigned tasks with accuracy and clarity
Ability to get things done while exercising good
Level 2: Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services
Building Strategic Partnerships
Level 1.1: Maintaining information and databases
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Level 1.1: Basic research and analysis
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents innovative strategies and new approaches
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Level 1.1: Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Promoting Organizational Change and Development
Level 1.1: Presentation of information on best practices in organizational change
- Documents ‘best practices’ in organizational change and development within and outside the UN system
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
Design and Implementation of Management Systems
Level 1.1: Data gathering and implementation of management systems
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
- Provides inputs to the development of simple system components
Level 1.1: Maintains effective client relationships
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Responds to client needs promptly
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
Level 1.1: Gathering and disseminating information
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
- Prepares timely inputs to reports
- Maintains databases
VI. Recruitment Qualifications
- Secondary Education
- University Degree or equivalent and/or specialized training on executive support functions would be desirable.
- 6 years of proven experience as an executive assistant or other relevant administrative support experience at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Experience in basic financial literacy
- Fluency in English and Azerbaijani
- Knowledge of Russian desirable
VII. HOW TO APPLY:
Please go the below link to apply for this position: