Agentlik: BMT-nin Ərzaq və Kənd Təsərrüfatı Təşkilatı
Vəzifə: National long-term agricultural extension system Specialist – National Coordinator
Müraciət üçün son gün: 11 oktyabr
National long-term agricultural extension system Specialist – National Coordinator
: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
Grade Level: N/A
Duration: 11 months on WAE basis with possible extension
Post Number: N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
FAO Partnership and Liaison Office in Azerbaijan
Melek Cakmak, Head of Office
Tasks and responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the project Team Leader and in close collaboration with the FAO-Azerbaijan office, the national long-term specialist will:
- Assist the Team Leader to design detailed overall plan for implementation;
- Assist the Teal Leader in establishment and maintaining constructive working relations between the Project stakeholders, including EUD, end recipients, other stakeholders and the Project team;
- Supervise and oversee the work of national project staff and experts;
- Assist the long- and short-term international experts in implementation of the project activities as well as better understanding of local language, situation or complexities;
- Develop ToRs for recruitment of the STE experts;
- Assist the team leader in identification of national short-term experts and national service providers;
- Assist the line ministries in identification of institution building needs;
- Facilitate consistent communication, reporting and collaboration with relevant partners of the project, e.g. the Project Steering Committee, MoA;
- Perform the AAS assessment, facilitate stakeholder engagement and preparation and validation of the AAS model for delivery of services in Azerbaijan;
- Contribute to the AAS strategy formulation;
- Contribute to the preparation of the AAS skills framework and delivery of the training programme;
- Contribute to the regional inventory, planning and innovation processes;
- Perform any other tasks upon request of the Team Leader
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- At least Master’s degree in a relevant discipline such as agriculture, horticulture, agricultural economics or other relevant field related to this contract or a bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline as described before and 3 years above the required general professional experience in a field related to this contract;
- Good spoken and written English. Working knowledge of other UN language is an asset
- Professional experience of at least 10 years but preferably 15 years working in the area of research and development or education & training or provision of advice in the agriculture and/or rural development sector;
- National of Azerbaijan or resident in the country with a regular work permit.
FAO Core Competencies:
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- In the past 5 years at least two assignments as an expert or one assignment as key expert/component leader for agricultural advisory services in a technical assistance project or twinning.
- Professional experience in developing training content and/or delivering training to agricultural advisors is an asset;
- Professional experience in having developed and/or delivered agricultural advisory services targeting smaller farmers or agricultural cooperation structures or farming communities is an asset;
- Good networking skills and understanding of agricultural innovation system perspective
- At least 5 years professional experience in agricultural advisory service development and/or delivery while working as full time staff member of an agricultural advisory service;
|Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.|
• FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
• Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
• Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
• Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
• For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org