Agentlik: BMT-nin Qaçqınlar üzrə Ali Komissarlığı (UNHCR Azerbaijan)
✔️Vəzifə: Project Control Associate
Müraciət üçün son gün: 30 sentyabr.
|Title of Post
|Project Control Associate
|General Service, G6
|Type of contract
|Date of Issue
|23 September 2019
|Effective date of assignment
|1 January 2020
|30 September 2019
The Project Control Associate will be working under the direct supervision of the Representative assisting him/her on regular assignments outlined in the job description.
The Project Control Associate will be required to work independently with minimal supervision. As a result the incumbent needs to have comprehensive command on the entire financial verification cycle that includes downloading Project Financial Reports (PFR), checking Partners books of accounts for compliance to the Project Partnership Agreements, writing technical reports along with recommendations, uploading of the PFRs to financial software (MSRP), recording all relevant documentation on appropriate location and finally project closures. The candidate should be able to conduct risk assessments of Partners and/or contractors, develop risk- based monitoring plans and implement these plans in a Multi-Functional Team approach. Since this function involves support to Programme unit in various ways, the incumbent need to have proven working experience in project management and auditing. Knowledge of UNHCR’s Results-based Framework along with rules governing Partnership management would be an advantage.
The incumbent needs to have excellent coordination, analytical and audit skills as this function involves extensive interactions with external auditors, the Office of Internal Oversight Services (OIOS), Partners/Contractors, various UNHCR units and often requires regular follow-ups. It will be highly advantageous if the incumbent has a reasonable level of knowledge on UNHCR’s rules of procurement since the Program Officer would require assistance in oversight of direct implementation activities.
- Quality assurance of project agreements/contracts is provided in accordance with applicable UNHCR rules and regulations.
- Resources transferred to implementing partners/contractors are utilized for the intended purposes and in accordance with project agreements/service contracts.
- Performance delivery and financial expenditure reported by implementing partners/contractors are accurate and consistent.
- Supervisors are promptly informed of risks and major variances in the execution of projects (budgets, finance, implementation or timeframe).
- Contribute to reviewing the internal control systems of implementing partners.
- Contribute to reviewing that IP agreements/ Service Contracts are in conformity with Country Operation Plans and UNHCR’s rules, policies and procedures.
- Monitor that a complete record is maintained for all projects.
- Contribute to reviewing, analyzing and verifying Financial and Performance Implementing Partner Reports (Part I-IPFR and Part II-IPR), and to checking accuracy and consistency between IPFR and IPR, in accordance with project agreements.
- Ensure that the funds obligated under an IP agreement/service contract permit the payment of the next installment or a disbursement, confirming the status of installments already paid.
- Support timely project closure in coordination with the programme unit.
- Bring to the attention of supervisors and programme officer any significant variances at the office level in: budget execution, percentage of project execution, time schedule, and quality of projects against specifications or terms and conditions.
- Maintain professional relationships with implementing partners/ contractors.
- Keep up-to-date with all UNHCR rules, regulations and procedures necessary to perform these duties.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Escalate Partners’ issues to supervisors.
- Recommend acceptance or non-acceptance of IPRs and payment of instalments.
- Contact implementing partners/contractors for project related matters.
- Have unlimited access to financial and operational records relating to projects.
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Secondary education, together with training/certificate in Accounting, Auditing, Business Administration, Finance, Project Management or related field.
- Minimum six years of previous job experience in the field of accounting/finance, auditing, project management, business analysis, quality assurance and/or risk management.
- Excellent computer skills, in particular in MS Office applications.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluency in English and Azerbaijani.
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies:
- Working knowledge of Russian
- Good knowledge of United Nations financial rules and procedures.
- Good understanding of accrual accounting (such as IPSAS or IFRS).
- Working experience with ERP financial modules (such as PeopleSoft, Oracle or SAP).
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Planning and Organizing
- Political Awareness
Candidates must be Azerbaijani nationals.
Internal staff members should consult the Policy and Procedures on Assignments of Locally recruited Staff (PPAL). If you have questions regarding eligibility, you may also contact the HR Unit.
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at: http://icsc.un.org
Submission of Applications:
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please submit your letter of motivation, updated factsheet (for internals), signed Personal History Form (for externals) by e-mail clearly stating the position title, vacancy notice number and your Last Name in the subject line to: AZEBAHR@unhcr.org by the closing date.
Personal history (P.11 form) can be downloaded from: http://www.unhcr.org/recruit/p11new.doc
No late applications will be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to sit for a written test and oral interview. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing or any other fees).
UNHCR strongly encourages qualified female applicants for this position. UNHCR seeks to ensure that male and female employees are given equal career opportunities. UNHCR is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.