Agentlik: Beynəlxalq Miqrasiya Təşkilatı (IOM Azerbaijan)
Vəzifə: Environmental Compliance Consultant
Müraciət üçün son gün: 29 sentyabr
Position: Environmental Compliance Consultant
Duty Station: Baku with travels to project target areas
Appointment type: Consultant, 3 months (with a possibility of extension)
Closing Date: 29 September 2019
Estimated Start Date: as soon as possible
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partner. IOM is dedicated to promoting orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. In 2001, Azerbaijan became an IOM member state through the formalization of cooperation between IOM and the Government of Azerbaijan Since September 2017
IOM Azerbaijan has been implementing Community Resilience to Vulnerabilities (CRV) Activity funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The activity considers different types of activities to increase local resilience of target rural communities to outside threats undermining community cohesion. It also includes in-kind support, with an aim to enhance employment, to the selected micro-business plans submitted by the members of local beneficiary communities..
The consultant will carry out tasks related to ensuring compliance with national and USAID’s environmental rules and regulations while the support is rendered to the selected beneficiaries’ business plans. Under the direct supervision of the Senior Project Assistant, the incumbent will be responsible for performing the following duties:
• Ensure compliance with USAID and Government of Azerbaijani environmental rules and regulations and incorporate the environmental factors and mitigative measures into the design and the implementation of project activities
• Plan and create compliance workflow for reviewing, analysing, rating and reporting on compliance with USAID and Government of Azerbaijani environmental rules and regulations
• Collect the necessary data related to compliance with environmental policies
• In close coordination with project team prepare environmental compliance, environmental mitigation and monitoring plan for each activity to be submitted to USAID
• Assess environmental conditions in project areas, identify threats and propose measures for reducing the negative impact of activities on the environment
• Conduct site visits to monitor the project activities in terms of environmental rules and regulations
• Liaise with project team members with a view to minimizing environmental impacts associated with project activities
• Prepare detailed report, evaluations and due donor requirements and environmental indicators and provide guidance and recommendation in procurement processes
• In close coordination with project team liaise with project stakeholders and when necessary carry out correspondence and provide feedback on environmental compliance issues
• Perform other tasks assigned that are consistent with this job description
• Advanced university degree with experience in environmental sciences: Environmental Studies, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Management, Natural Resources Management or other related fields.
• At least 5 years of experience in the design and application of environmental and social sustainability safeguards and screening processes, in conducting environmental Impact assessments
• In-depth understanding of environmental sustainability
• Excellent ability to coordinate information between IOM and donor.
• General knowledge of UN and IOM system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing administration.
• Excellent written and spoken English, with the ability to write donor reports.
Languages: Fluency in Azerbaijani and English
The consultant is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
• Teamwork: contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Continuous Learning: promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Accountability: takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Communication: listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a motivation letter in English by indicating name of the position applied in the subject line of the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of 29 September 2019.